Fuel Weights?

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 27 13:30:18 AKDT 2003

It sort of a share process. I add $2 per gallon and and sell it to whoever
wants it IN THEIR CONTAINERS. That way a guy who does not take care of his
containers does not get to contaminate anyone else. I buy 0% and 20%
synthetic only and I will mix fuel & fuel to produce the 5-10-15% stuff in
between. Zero problems. I have people that come a way to get a gallon, and
others who want 20 gallons at a time. If some one else would offer the same
deal, I would buy the fuel from them. It pretty much shoots a day to go get
the fuel and move it to jugs. 55 gallon containers are the best price. Also,
If someone locally wants to pay Red Max directly or me with cash, I don't
charge to bring it back. The up side is that I sure meet a lot of other
modelers. I believe I am selling below what it costs a hobby shop. Most of
them would rather not be in the fuel business. It comes out to $12 per gal
for 20%, and $1 less for each 5% less per gallon. 0% is only $8 per gal this
way. I sometimes wonder if the guys using expensive oil & gasoline are
really spending less.

By the way, a 55 gallon drum of 25% takes two big guys to set upright. I use
the front loader on my back hoe for the manual part.
I usually empty a drum in one setting. I don't believe the fuel
(synthetic)will spoil for several years. I never lost any except for leaky
jugs and spills.
I usually go through about 3 drums a year.

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606