Fuel Weights?

Jeff Hughes jhughes at hsonline.net
Tue Aug 26 12:01:30 AKDT 2003

Comparing fuel weight in a jug from different vendors is a losing
proposition. container weight, container size (is it really a gallon
to the top?) Temperature (plastic expands with heat) how full is the
top?, etc all will cause gross variations. If you want to know, your
gonna have to pour each it into a weighed calibrated container. or
better yet, check density and back calculate for a gallon.

> In a message dated 8/26/2003 2:18:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rcaerobob at cox.net writes:

> >    I'm looking for fuel weights of FULL gallons, jugs included for;
> >         Magnum 1
> >         Magnum 2
> >         Cool Power 15% All Synthetic
> >         Cool Power 25% All Synthetic
> >         Ritches' Brew 20%, 20% oil
> >         Ritches' Brew 25%, 20% oil
> >         Powermaster  20%/20%
> >
> > I've found some interesting variations...would like to
compare...many thanks for any who will help (Buddy, I know you
> > and Earl got this started....any new info??)
> >

> > Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
> > NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
> > rcaerobob at cox.net
> > www.rcaerobats.net
>
> is that with the heavy or light lids?  ;-)
>
> you do understand this is really asking for trouble, right?  Fuel,
radio brands, politics and religion seem to evoke passionate

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com

# discussion-request at nsrca.org