remedial engine question

David Harmon K6XYZ at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 11:55:22 AKDT 2003

Hi Brian...the shaft actually had a 'shoulder' on it where the bearing
inner race had ground it down to a smaller OD than the shaft OD forward
of the bearing.
I guess the screech was caused by the bearing inner race rotating on the
shaft when the bearing locked up.
The engine had been in use for some time and the bearing that went bad
was the third one in use.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586