Electrics - Cost is not as bad as it appears

Daniel Dupont dansy at av.eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 12 07:38:19 AKDT 2003

Don't get me wrong, if the price come down for the battery I will give it a
try for sure.  But I would hate to have only one plane on
Electric.....since I would still have to carry all that gear in case I need
the fuel plane...:)

But my understanding at this point says...you cannot recharge at the field
since the battery will already warn from the discharge cycle and I like to
fly at least 6 flights, often more....

I always a spare fully charge pack for my radio, good for about 12 flights
altogether.

I carry all king of spare parts including complete a engine / spinner
/starter / glow driver / ect.ect......since I often fly well away from home
about 100 miles, and I fly there because since it the most concentrated
Pattern in the Atlantic Canada.

Cheers Daniel D. 2693

# discussion-request at nsrca.org