The value of noise

W. Eddie Batchelor perkinsrx at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 11 14:50:08 AKDT 2003

I understand the concept.
I think I agree with Gary Fowler also.
My personal feelings are prejudiced from my introduction to R/C and Pattern all about the same time. It also prejudices me against the 4-stroke sound ,although I'm gonna give a YS91 a try on my JR Explorer, when I can get it put together. But I love the sound of a 2-stroke on a tuned pipe. Now you guys with the 4-stroke on a pipe are close and all the above is much more appealling than the deafening "gas" monsters I've seen & heard.

I think we will learn to appreciate the electric "sound" also.

It would be interesting to hear the new gas motors on a pipe ( I know it's being done) I just haven't seen(heard) it yet. :-)

This correlates to my motorcycle prefernece also. I love a Honda Goldwing -and can not stand Harleys. I love it when you pass a GoldWing on the highway " wow there went a 'wing", But with a Harley it's "Huh-Ow, here comes a Harley -put in the ear plugs"
I mention this 'cuz 'cycles have been talked about previously.

I hope no one takes this personal. It's just my opinion. That is what you asked for. Opinions

Eddie

Eddie Batchelor
DeQuincy, La.
AMA 80330