Mintor 1.70

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Mon Aug 11 07:56:27 AKDT 2003

My 1.70 hit 8200 rpm with 10% magnum, APC 17X12 regular, at the Lubbock
contest. It was hot and high, reports were that it was like being at 7200
ft.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

<rcaerobob at cox.net>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
08/11/2003 10:49 AM
Please respond to discussion

        To:     discussion at nsrca.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Mintor 1.70

HO-LY-COW !  That's a pretty beefy setup, for sure.  10% Nitro?  You're
kiddin', right??

Bob P.

> From: "Wayne Galligan" <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com>
> Date: 2003/08/11 Mon AM 11:27:50 EDT
> To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
> Subject: Mintor 1.70
>
> Just a few notes on my initial test and break-in on this engine.  It has
not been installed in my plane as of this writing but I cant wait.

> 3M 1.70 stock header
> 10 % Magnum fuel
> Bluebird c.f. 2-stroke pipe  24.25" center of head to 1st baffle.  Total
length of exhaust center of head to end of pipe  31.5"

> Test day 98 degrees and about 35%+ humidity
>
> 17x12N APC      high 8500rpm low 1600rpm
> 17x13 std APC   high 8250rpm  low 1500rpm
>
> This is after 5) 16oz tanks of breakin.  I broke it in just like the OS,
 alternating rich to lean during first several tanks.

> Wayne Galligan

Bob Pastorello, El Reno, OK, USA