Electric Pattern

Rick Kent knowhow3 at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 10 16:13:36 AKDT 2003

IMHO, an emerging, competing technology doesn't automatically render
existing technology obsolete. If you can remain competitive with IC
power, and the rules allow it to be used, why would you say it's
obsolete? In pattern competition, the idea (besides to have fun) is to
fly to your and your equipment's best performance level in an effort to
win. If the current setup gets that done for you, then it's not
obsolete. It just has competing alternatives.
If Chip Hyde or CPLR were to enter and win the WC with a Kaos, would we
consider our 2m ships obsolete? No. We don't always HAVE to follow the
leader, if what we're doing is working for us.
I will say that, as a computer dealer, I like your way of thinking,
though. It lets me sell you upgrades and/or new PC's every 2 years or
less.  ;-)

Rick