Electric Pattern

MKMSG at aol.com MKMSG at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 11:21:19 AKDT 2003

LiPo packs are charged at 1C maximum.  That means if you have an 8200 Mah
pack, you can charge it at 8.2 Amps for an hour.  I only know of one charger
which will do that.  I have an Orbit which will do 6 amps so it takes me a bit
longer than an hour to charge my 7800 Mah lithium packs.  The current lithium
polymer packs can't be fast charged and you must treat them with care.  They must
not be charged over 4.25 volts/cell and must not be taken below 2.5 volts
under load (approx. 3 volts without a load).  Irreversible damage occurs if you
do otherwise.  Lithium polymer batteries should never be left unattended while
charging.  If overcharged, they can lead to a fire.
# discussion-request at nsrca.org