Andy Herider Memorial Pattern Contest, August 16-17 Quincy, OH

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 09:08:00 AKDT 2003

>From Bruce Herider:

Hi Folks,

The next D4 contest--Andy Herider Memorial Pattern Contest--for 401, 402, 403, 404, 406 (JSO), is August 16 & 17 at  the Quincy Ohio Airport.  Although not previously announced, we will allow any AMA legal airplane in Sportsman Class.

Friday practice OK.  On site camping---no hookups.  Tom Weedon and I will be there Friday to set up the field.

Registration will start at 8 AM on Saturday with pilots' meeting at 9:30 AM and Round 1 starting at 10 AM.  Since we are right next to town, we ask that no engines be started before 9 AM.

Coffee and donuts provided both days.  Lunch provided on Saturday and available on Sunday.  Fees: $20 Sportsman; $25 all other classes.

Directions---From I-75, Exit 92 (St. Rt. 47,Sidney, OH), proceed east on St. Rt. 47 to downtown Sidney.  At southeast corner of courthouse, straight ahead on St. Rt. 29 to Pasco (about 3 miles).  In Pasco, straight ahead on St. Rt. 706 to St. Rt. 235.   North on St. Rt. 235 to Quincy.  In Quincy, at HiGrade/Pennzoil gas station/convenience store (only station in town), west on County Rd. 70.  Cross RR and pass Quincy Castings (foundry).  Airport on right.

                     From Bellefontaine---west on St. Rt. 47 to St. Rt. 235.  South on St. Rt. 235 to Quincy.

We will have signs out.  Please observe 5 mph sign on airport driveway.

Motel info----Almost all motels, restaurants, shopping, are concentrated on both sides of I-75 at Exit 92 in Sidney.

                                 Days Inn               937-492-1104
                                 Comfort Inn          937-492-3001
                                 Holiday Inn           937-492-1131
                                 EconoLodge        937-492-9164
                                 Hampton Inn         937-498-8888  (at Exit 90)

This will be the first pattern contest sponsored by TORCS at Quincy since, as I recall, the year before the AMA turnaround patterns were initiated.

Bruce
937-362-4462
bruceher at bright.net

Bob Kane