Poland - electrics

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Tue Aug 5 12:33:49 AKDT 2003

patterndude at comcast.net wrote:

>This group is great at getting to all sides of an issue.  We've heard pros and cons, good motivations and bad.  There can be many perceptions.  However, Since we'll probably never know the reality of the motivations and the rationale I have to restate my opinion earlier: If we field a US team, lead by a US team manager, then let's let the team discuss and determine how best to win.  This issue should have been discussed and approved by the team manager.  The relevant info for us is: did the leadership of the team follow an informed and logical process.  If so, then I can support it.  If not, then let's keep that in mind when putting the next set of leaders in nplace

First, I know that Tony Stillman was unhappy that Jason chose to switch
to an electric airplane after the F3A Team Selection Finals.   It was
not a question of failure of team leadership.  The Team manager cannot
tell team members what to do/not to do.  Second, there was no informed
and logical process conducted because, in the absence of rules governing
team member actions,  a team member could ignore the process if it was
contrary to what he wanted to do.  Third, we do not select the F3A Team
Manager; the Team Manager is selected by ALL of the participants in the
Team Selection program.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org