Original Pattern Model

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 15:25:46 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 8/4/2003 1:51:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
randy10926 at comcast.net writes:

> Subj:Original Pattern Model
> Date:8/4/2003 1:51:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:randy10926 at comcast.net">randy10926 at comcast.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Well what was the original pattern model?
>
> Was it the Orion?  A gentleman from NVRC scratch build one of these and here
> is
> a photo of them. http://www.1nvrc.com/.  It has ben flown with a green head
> 45
> and a veco 45 (our however you spell it).
>
> Randy Hatfield

Randy, they have flown aerobatics in some form of precision and sequence
order, for much longer than the Orion. If you are talking with digital
proportional full house control, then you may be right. Don Lowe would know possibly, or
may be Ron Van Putte

There were early designs that did this, by Hal DeBolt, Carl Goldberg and
several other Pattern pioneers, with escapement type control, not propo.

regards

Matt K