Fuel tank

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 15:10:19 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 4/29/2003 11:32:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
alan at gspceilings.com writes:

> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> I should add that the thin wall tube I use is also small in diameter
> (~3.5mm O.D. from memory) thus more flexible. You have to really fight to
> get it on the clunk and the tube in the bung, but it's flexible enough not
> to crimp when doubled over in the tank.
>
> I suppose there is a risk the clunk could get hooked up around the vent
> pipe, but it's never happened to me yet.
>
> Alan

Alan,

The tubing ID is perhaps around 2 mm then? And the OD of the clunk
attachmernt is about 4 -4.5mm?

I would inspect the clunk to tubing contact point if I were you. The sili
tubing will fatigue prematurely when stretched to it's limit like you have in
your set-up. Sili rubber is no different than any other rubber when stretched
out.

To alleviate the problem you may try drilling the clunk with 1/8" drill and
soldering a short piece of brass tubing, next time you inspect the tank

Matt Kebabjian