wheel pant installation

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Thu Apr 24 07:38:27 AKDT 2003

I used to bore a hole in the side to match the axle and then fit a ply plate and a 4-40 retaining bolt. The trouble with this is that it takes a bit of juggling to get it all on and much more effort to get it all off.

What I do now is cut a slot so that the pant slides over the already installed wheel and then hold it in place with the 4-40.
A teeny drop of ZAP between the pant and the leg helps to stop them rotating and will come free later when required.

I first saw this on a Dave Patrick Ultimate. The system allows for easy replacement and servicing.

Regards,

Eric.