F3A 2004 sequences

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Wed Apr 23 07:44:19 AKDT 2003

This year, everyone will be in the second year of what was a new schedule, (unless they moved up or just entered pattern).

Next year we have the last year of this Masters, (depending upon AMA contest board voting), and the first year of P-05 in FAI. I flew Masters last year, will fly FAI this year, the either the last year of this masters or the new P-05 next year.

>From my point of view and at my time in flying this adds up to whole bunch of fun and gives me variety in the judges chair.

Three years ago I got re-married and then two weeks later flew FAI at Muncie just to be on the same flight line as the "greats". I had a blast. I say all of this because Jim is at the other end of my personal spectrum and if he goes for FAI now he can both have a blast and have success.

There is nothing to fear in FAI, except perhaps success, because you can move back whenever you have had your "fun".

For the record I still believe that we should have the free choice to fly any class we want. We know if we are sandbagging or out of our depth. Why legislate our behavior?

Regards,

Eric.