Fw: YS 140DZ fault?

T&C Brown tncbrown at charter.net
Tue Apr 22 19:00:58 AKDT 2003

Message
Peter,

It sounds like your running the engine way too rich.  When I got my first DZ, I set it up the same way, and had the same problem.  You cannot run it like an "L".  If you have adjusted the pump from the factory setting......return it to it's original position and start with the high speed needle at 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 turns out from full closed.  If the motor starts.....let it warm up a minute then advance it to full throttle.  Once at full throttle, slowly  (one or two clicks at a time) turn the needle in to lean it until the RPM drops.  Once you hear the RPM start to drop, richen it back three or so clicks and run it.  I know what your thinking...."It sounds way to lean"  but this is how Richard from YS Performance told me to set it up, and I've had no problems with this.  Once the motor is broke in the high speed needle should be around 3/4 to 1 turn out from full close.  Hope this helps.

Terrance Brown
YS Field Rep