teflon tubing - what type to use?

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Mon Apr 21 16:42:23 AKDT 2003

Lance
The tubing does take a set.You have to make it conform to the pipe-header
with heat. I did it in an emergency at the Pensacola contest last year using
the exhaust from my buddys diesel truck.The teflon came off the ES pipe I
was using on my 140L.With the ES pipe the tubing has to be enlarged
slightly. I made a tapered form out of a broom stick for this. Any source of
heat will work. Use a torch or monocote heat gun and be very careful how
tight you snug the hose clamp or you will collapse the thin wall tubing of
the pipe. On the 2 strokes you can use tie wraps to form the tubing with
heat applied.Then use the ties to secure it to fly. The temp on the 2
strokes won't melt the ties.However I did slightly collapse the wall on my
Greves pipe with plastic ties.Be careful.I have reused the teflon.When it is
cold it will slip off and back on fairly easy.
Now you know all my secrets.

Jim I

jivey61 at msn.com

# discussion-request at nsrca.org