Quiet pattern planes

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 20:55:33 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 4/18/2003 4:39:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rcmaster199 at aol.com writes:

> Folks, I think we may have been duped on this noise thing. I love my
> stealthy pattern plane, but nobody else does. unless I'm flying alone,
> nobody else cares whetehr I hear my plane or not!!

  Matt

  I don't think we have been "duped" on having quiet planes. There was a time
in my life that hearing screaming engines was a joy , however , I now much
more prefer the   lower volume of our planes . To me , the tone of a muffled
four stroke at full throttle is the sweetest sound in our hobby .

I agree that nobody else cares whether or not I can hear my plane . On the
other hand , should noise become an issue with the nieghbors around our field
, everyone would care whether or not I could hear my plane.

Robert Gainey