Fuel tank vent location for Pumped 2-stroke engines & more

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 16:50:45 AKDT 2003

One of the easiest and most flexible methods I have used is an oldie and
goodie: 90 degree elbows from 1/8" copper or aluminum tube, through the fuse
side next to the carb. The idea is to fit a piece of fuel tubing between the
two nipples. No dots and tees necessary.

The vent goes just behind the rear pick-up nipple.

When the day is done, I simply disconnect the fuel line that goes to the carb
or front nipple, and reconnect the line to the vent tubing. The tank is
secured this way and will not leak; and the engine is freed  from fuel feed
to be run completely dry

Matt Kebabjian
.