Hirobo Stream-50

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Thu Apr 17 12:47:12 AKDT 2003

The Steam-50 is around $250 - I bought mine in an Xmas sale at Creek Hobbies, my local store.

Ref the Quest. As understand it, the $200 was a Show special.

There is a 90 version that you saw and soon there will be a 120 version. Not flown this one yet so can't tell you how it performs as a pattern plane. (Up/down-lines Knife-edge, snaps  and spins etc.) Previewed the prototype and it looks good, constructionally speaking. Seemed to be light.

To be clear I am not advocating which plane is best etc. I will tell you what I experienced and then you all have to decide what you want.

The Surpass should be ideal. In fact I was going to go that route with a 91 OS pumper that is coagulating in a box somewhere in my house...

E.