3M Mintor engine order-O ring longevity

John Crozier sjcrozier at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 09:52:49 AKDT 2003

When I set up my OS 140, Hyde mount, header, pipe, as suggested, I mounted
the pipe SOLID  with DB pipe mounts.
That didn't seem logical to me, but, as a nieve, wide- eyed 63 year old
beginner, I did'nt argue.
When I changed to the Webra, I had to replace the O rings(had about 20
flights with the aforementioned setup).
Now, the pipe is mounted with a homemade bracket with enough "play" that
lets the pipe move in concert with the engine-header,
taking the stress off the O rings and coupling.
150-200 flights with this setup should be realistic....croz