vinyl-ester, PL and ZN kits

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 15:39:55 AKDT 2003

As are PL Products.
Verne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: H. Ells
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 6:08 PM
  Subject: Re: vinyl-ester, PL and ZN kits

  I believe that ZN are epoxy.

  Reverence:  http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116512&forumid=232

  Harry
  ----- Original Message -----
    From: Koenig, Tom
    To: 'Discussion'
    Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 5:49 PM
    Subject: vinyl-ester, PL and ZN kits

    Hi all,

    I think I asked something along these lines a few years ago but.........
    anyway.
    I have a neighbour who owns a panel shop and he just offered me the use of
    his booth to do the clear coat. Now, ZN and Pl kits are vinyl-ester resin (
    correct?). What temperature can I ( safely)  crank the booth up to, to force
    dry the clear? I dont want to end up with an expensive, colourful, blob of
    carbon and kevlar on the floor of the spray booth!

    Matt... I seem to remember you mentioned something about this...Gray..I
    guess you would know the GT etc?

    I was tending to head for a safe temp around 40-45 deg C ( 104-113 deg F)
    Can I go to 60?

    Thanks for any help

    Tom

    PS: never had these problems with wood!

    *PLEASE NOTE*  This email and any attachments may
    be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
    copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
    dissemination of this email or its attachments is
    prohibited without the consent of the sender.

    WARNING RE VIRUSES:  Our computer systems sweep
    outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
    is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
    Before opening or using attachments, please check for
    viruses.  Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
    affected attachments.

    individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
    and with authority, states them to be the views of the
    organisation.
    # discussion-request at nsrca.org