YS 91 ac - Check valves

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Thu Apr 10 05:22:56 AKDT 2003

Anthony.
         Here's a dilemma for you. I had a problem with my OS 1.60 FI and immediately thought it was the injector. WRONG! There was no pressure in the tank. No pressure for the injector to use so injector-like problems... The weird thing was that the flapper in the check valve stuck in the closed position. It would work all day and then be closed the next day. I tried a few fixes with a file!!! but it still stuck the next day. Washed it, polished it even kissed it!, but still it did it again. Eventually put a motley-old-YS-check-valve in it and it runs like a watch. (BTW - the YS and OS check valves look identical)

Could not diagnose why the silicone would stick to the "outgoing" section. It would stick even when disassembled! My best guess was that the seat was too sharp...

Putting two check valves in gives you double the chance of a check valve staying closed.... :-)

Eric.