Vacation in Virginia

John Gausby humptybumpty at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 10 05:03:13 AKDT 2003

Tom.....A good friend of mine has recently joined the Newport News R/C club. He is in the Air Force reserves and is up here (from Ala.) till about Oct. due to all the military action going on.

He recently joined the Newport News R/C club which is only about 30 minutes from Williamsburg. I was invited last Sun to fly there and can vouch that their paved runway field is VERY nice. The fields i fly at near the Richmond area are about 1 hour from Wmbg.

You can e-mail Richard Witt at <james.witt at ifcom.mil> and see if you can get some practice time with them. Richard flys both SPA and AMA pattern and the club seems to be pro-pattern (that was refreshing). Richard does have weekends off, but is on call 24/7 if they need him.

Williamsburg is a beautiful historic area.....You should enjoy your stay.............John G.........Richmond

<weedon at wwnet.net>