just getting started

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Tue Apr 8 13:26:38 AKDT 2003

Compared to the planes that you have landed in the past you will find any
of the 2M planes much more stable. The trick to landing is getting the
plane to slow down enough to land.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"Merle" <mutt46 at pacbell.net>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
04/08/2003 04:09 PM
Please respond to discussion

        To:     <discussion at nsrca.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        just getting started

Howdy everyone
well I have another question for yall. Ok like I was saying earlier I am
just getting started in pattern planes. Which I must say are nice planes
to fly. well the wife gave me the go ahead to buy a decent pattern plane
instead of this hobbico spectrum I have. (which does fly nice) So she is
going to end up with the spectrum. I have been looking at the temptation I
do like the way it looks. what I am asking is what would anyone suggest as
a good solid flying plane (i know a lot depends on the builder too) but
let me give you a bit of info about me and my flying experience. I fly
imac sportsman just local club stuff  so its really kinda not up to
compitition standards I fly the sportsman sequence with a pitts special
lol and I think most would know how they land ect. So what i am looking
for is a plane that will give me what i need in performance and be a
stable landing aircraft and do the manuvers with ease (with the exceptions
of the pilots abilitys) so any ideas would help thanks again for putting
up with a newbies questions and for the help I have learned a lot from all
the different posts. Merle
p.s. looks like there are a few others wanting to get into pattern all the
way also here local so it will be nice maybe even get to fly with some of
you others.