Smaragd Gasser

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Tue Apr 8 11:31:16 AKDT 2003

David:
It's got a gasser in it because Gerry Dale tries lots of new things.  He liked
the idea of gas, and thought he'd set up a design exercise.  Seems to have
worked.  I've seen him fly it at some of the local D2 contests, and it flies
well.
As the article says, it has had several iterations; in fact, the airplane shown
on the cover of RCM is one I haven't seen before, to my knowledge.  So, that
means at least 3 of them, I believe.
Anyhow, Gerry is a respected modeler from this locale; excellent craftsman and a
very good thinker.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org