Pipe coupler

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 13:00:54 AKDT 2003

James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil writes:

> McMaster Carr sells Teflon and silicon material.  I ordered 2' of "surgical
> grade" silicone, and 2' of red silicone tubing.  The surgical seems to work
> really well.  However, each one will break quickly if you exceed a 1/4" or
> so gap between the header and pipe.  The closer you get them, the better
> for
> coupler life.
> Jim

McMaster Carr has some silicone tubing that has a braid in it and it has
proven pretty indestructible for me.  The pbraid keeps it from tearing, like
the other stuff.  Also the farther you can keep the joint from the head the
better (cooler).  I agree the gap is also an issue.  Teflon works great, but
not as flexible, and harder to get a grip on.

Bob