Dual Elevator Servos - Servo Extension Question

Gord Silver gord.silver at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 4 09:35:58 AKST 2003

Hi Keith:
           Had the same problem when I started flying my
first Nova 2+2.
           I ask the JR rep. at Toledo, and he claimed he
used extensions up to 60" with no filter. Up to that point I
was having the extra long extensions made special.
           The one thing you do have to do, regardless, is
twist the wires, or you'll loose range. An easy way to do
this is, clamp one end on your bench, and twist the other. (
approx. 1 turn, per 3". ) Clamp the other end, and run a
heat gun over it to set the twists.
             Have a buddy who's very particular and neat,
who was having trouble with range in his first 30% ??????.
Checked his ext., and sure enough, straight as an arrow down
the inside of the fuse. Took them out ,twisted them, and he
went flying. ( something I would like to do right now, but
we got 5" of the white stuff last night.)
             Hope this helps,        Gord