Dual Elevator Servos - Servo Extension Question

Keith Black tkeithb at attbi.com
Thu Apr 3 20:11:18 AKST 2003

Regarding placing servos in the stab, the location I was planning on placing my RX (just behind the wing tube) would require about 44 inches of servo extension between the RX and each stab servo. What problems/risks does it present in having extensions this long?

The only extensions longer than 36" that my local hobby shop sells are 48", but these have a built in filter. I really don't want to use a filter unless absolutely necessary, it will add weight. Is it really necessary to filter runs longer than 36"? What other considerations should be made with long runs?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith