E=MC3

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Wed Apr 2 07:01:55 AKST 2003

>Jerry
>
>Am I reading this correctly "... but > it came out nose heavy so I had it
>moved back 1-1/8" from there to > get it to balance properly" ??
>Did you mean tail heavy?

Oops, Van Puttian error!	Hi Ron!   : )

You're correct, I meant to say "tail heavy".

>BTW, great pictures and color scheme.  Also, moving wing up gives more
>stability (effect of increased dihedral) so reducing some dihedral is
>probably in order.  Glad it is flying well.

Actually, every E=MC2 I had come across didn't have enough dihedral
so raising the wing was an effort to fix that, eliminate the
differential being used (resulting in a better, more axially rolling
airplane), and improve the lateral gust response characteristics by
reducing Dutch roll tendancies (just adding geometric dihedral
wouldn't necessarily help that, and in fact might even make it
worse).  I went from slight adverse roll to slight proverse roll, so
now I'l reducing the geometric dihedral just a bit to eliminate the
residual roll coupling (just fine tuning it really).

>Wojtek
>
>Do you remember practicing at the NATS and changing servos (throttle if I
>remember correctly)?

Oh yeah.  Not the best Nats I ever attended.  And it got worse for me
on Monday when I didn't get a flight in due to additional enine
problems.

Thx, Jerry
--
Jerry Budd