Mac Hodges Field

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Tue Apr 1 13:06:46 AKST 2003

I don't know how many of you know Mac Hodges, but he is a former Pattern
pilot from near Americus, GA.  Several years ago Mac quit Pattern and,
later, started competing in fun fly events.  He became the national fun
fly champion for six or seven years running.  He is also a full scale
light plane pilot.  His full scale/model flying field is on his family's
farm outside Americus, GA.

Emory Schroeter and Ken Blackwell co-hosted the Peach Classic pattern
contest at Mac's field last weekend.  You may have seen the results
posted by Emory on Monday.  We had an enjoyable contest there and I look
forward to next year's contest.

This weekend there will be an IMAC contest at the same field.

Mac has a hobby shop adjacent to the runway.  It is the best R/C hobby
shop I have ever visited.  You must see it to believe all the R/C items
Mac has in a hobby shop way out in the Georgia 'boonies'.  Look at
www.hodgeshobbies.com

The reason I'm writing this e-mail is that there will another event at
Mac's field in June.  The Southeast Electric Flight Festival will be
held June 20th to the 22nd.  If you have never seen the complete
spectrum of electric-powered R/C models, this is the place to be.  I
attended the first event at another field last June and it was a 'kick'.
 Check it out at:  www.fayetteflyers.com

Ron Van Putte