GP Venus 40 update

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon Sep 30 18:04:40 AKDT 2002

Since I'm "grounded" with some health stuff, and couldn't even fly at Lubbock, I decided to throw the Venus 40 together.  For those interested, it is an exceptionally-well made ARF.  The parts fit was PERFECT.  Period.  Covering is WAY better than I would ever TRY to do, and the instructions permitted me to be READY to Fly in exactly 12 hours --total -- box to engine run.
    Mine is fitted with an OS 70 Surpass 4c, and tonights' test run was perfect.  EXCEPT for the fuel running out the bottom of the nose interior.  Not good.  No, I did NOT "fill and pressure" test the tank before installing...my bad.
    On the side, about 1/2 way up was a puncture.  No big deal, but enough to leak.
    I quickly disassembled everything, dried it all out (only a couple minutes contact  =minimal damage, if any), then found everything and emailed Great Planes customer support.
    That was at 7:20 PM, CDT.  At 8:47 PM, I have a personal reply from a real person, with assurance that the replacement tank will be priority shipped to get me going!  Truly remarkable service, and far exceeded expectations.
    So - now, instead of who KNOWS how long, I'll be able to do a flight report later in the week....and I have to tell you all, the OS 70 with the 12 x 9 is DEFINITELY 'hand launch' power for this beauty.

I just had to brag on Great Planes....they sure know what to do to take care of us....

Bob Pastorello
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net