Receiver Choices

Brian Young b4598070 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 10:24:27 AKDT 2002

Im looking to buy a couple new receivers, flying
Futaba so thats my area of preference. I have an 8UAP
currently. I notice Futaba has available a new 8 CH
RX, 138DP for about $100, then they have 148DP for
about $130, and 149DP for $160.

Each of these receivers have the required capacity for
my plane. Can anyone enlighten me as to a method to
evaluate the price of the expensive one vs. the cheap
one? Does the extra money bring more reliability, etc?

The 138 is a new model, so may have the use of latest
technology, the other two have been around awhile so
maybe they are more of a proven design.

And if anyone has any spares they want to sell I may
be interested.

=====
Brian Young
Tulsa