AMA Official Notice

Henderson,Eric eric.henderson at gartner.com
Wed Sep 25 19:08:50 AKDT 2002

I have visited the CA site several times and I honestly would not fly there.

The hang gliders and para gliders carry whistles that they blow as they
approach the model glider area. They pass really close and turn and land
right over the site.

I was astounded when I saw the close proximity of people carrying gliders
and RC models. No matter how you dress it up the site was and still is very
dangerous. It would be so easy to not see the full size or hear properly due
to wind in your ears or get confused when two whistles are blowing.

To set the background to my position I would insert that I was the Chairman
of the Meon Valley soaring association for several years in the UK. I worked
closely with Hang gliders and their association. We would never fly across
each other as they do in CA.

Not trying to start a verbal war here, but if you had seen how close they
were to each other it would really scare you.

Showing both sides---Eric.