Slightly Off Topic: Flying Pattern at Night

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Mon Sep 23 08:57:36 AKDT 2002

Dave

You must have been drinking....Was Tom there? What about the spider
monkey?

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"David Sweatt" <dsweatt at hotmail.com>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
09/23/2002 10:40 AM
Please respond to discussion

        To:     discussion at nsrca.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Slightly Off Topic: Flying Pattern at Night

It's slightly off topic but I thought I would share this story.
This weekend I was at a large heli-funfly and it is a big thing to fly
helicopters with nightblades and nightropes and such.
Well I had my beater FedEx 2meter bird in the truck, and for some reason
we
got the crazy idea to strap night rope and glow tubes to it.
It looked really cool all lit up and I have to admit I was really nervous
but I took off and flew around abit to get used to it, and being that your

so used to flying the pattern I proceeded to fly the entire Sportsman
sequence at about 12:45 AM! It was really cool cause even when I would
kinda
of loose it, due to muscle memory I guess or knowing where to move the
sticks cause you practice it all the time it worked out great. The landing

was interesting cause you couldn't see the ground but it came in just fine

and I didn't even break the prop!
I got pretty good video of it too..anyway thanks for letting me share my
story..David Sweatt

# discussion-request at nsrca.org