Hinging Techniques

Michael Ramsey michaelr at flying-models.com
Mon Sep 23 08:27:56 AKDT 2002

Sig makes a syringe for glue applications (called MonoJet?); makes nice work
of fillets too. The tip is small enough that it can stuff 30-minute epoxy
into the hinge slots. There are smaller syringes out there with finer tips;
I've seen them at some hobby shops where they're sold as lube applicators.

At a $1.50 per, I use mine over and over by cleaning them out with rubbing
alcohol and pipe cleaners.

Be sure to use at least 80-grit sandpaper to roughen the hinge surface.

Michael...