Pattern Fun / scribe

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Sep 20 14:34:58 AKDT 2002

Old days?  In the 50's, we'd cherry pick from a list of approved
figures, fly them in the order we wished, and, nearing the end, we'd say
to the judges: "anything left on the list?  They would quickly scan it,
and if there were anything we wished to do that we had forgotten, they
would tell us, and we'd do it.
Same list worked for all classes. The restricted classes, (Rudder Only,
Mickey Mouse) would do those figures their equipment was capable of.
Made judging a lot simpler, as well as flying a lot simpler, also.  BTW:
The judges (2) STOOD out by the pilot; lots of pilots equaled lots of
standing.(G)
Still...........lots of fun, and 150 people at a contest wasn't unusual.

Bill Glaze