OS 140 RX with Dual Plug Conversion plus Webra Memories

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 19:10:30 AKDT 2002

In a message dated 9/17/2002 12:44:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
chuckwagon at charter.net writes:

> Subj:OS 140 RX with Dual Plug Conversion plus Webra Memories
> Date:9/17/2002 12:44:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:chuckwagon at charter.net">chuckwagon at charter.net</A>
> CC:<A HREF="mailto:lee at piedmontmodels.com">lee at piedmontmodels.com</A>
> File:winmail.dat (1784 bytes) DL Time (203344 bps): < 1 minute
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Dual plugs
> anyone?http://www.rcaerosport.com/articles/reviews/evolis/crino/e10.htm
> (I
> remember my very smooth running dual-plug Merco 60.)
>
> Also another 2-stroke memory... the great Webra slide valve carb. Mine
> seemed to give INSTANT RPM up from an all-day idle with my stock single
> plug
> Webra black head engine! It had almost zero spool-up or spool-down time to
> or from any level(s) I chose. Blip...blip...blip <happy smile>. Once I made
> an adaptor and tried the slide valve with a ST blue head. Same dynamics.
> Also gave more HP than the stock ST carb. Just some thoughts.
> Chuck

Chuck

the Dynamix carb, or slide valve carb, that you mention worked extremely well
for me also. Duke Fox first used the concept in model engines back in the
sixties I believe. The concept was not lost on Webra, since their Dynamix
carb was a most effective device.

The idea is to get uninterrupted air flow in the throat of the venturi, by
moving the spray-bar against the wall of the venturi. Better breathing
results in more power for a given set of parameters.

Matt Kebabjian