4-Strokes .vs. 2-Strokes, was new things available in Japan

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Tue Sep 17 15:03:54 AKDT 2002

--On Tuesday, September 17, 2002 3:51 PM -0700 Bjorn Lehnardt <blehnardt at att.net> wrote:

> I'm willing to wager that in 5 years at least 75% of pattern planes flown
> in contests will be running two strokes. And have a spark ignition.
> And run on gasoline.

I've finished 3 hours or so of running my MVVS 1.60 on
a test stand.

I'm going to put it on an Ultrasport 1000 for further
tuning in the air.

Then I hope to build a small, light, patternish plane
for it.  (This could take a while.)

> If I can stop traveling so much I hope to run one next year.  I think
> the single biggest challenge to overcome is noise.  That will take a
> little bit of development but I think it can be done.

I've got a pipe from Pé Rievers.  Haven't tried it yet.
I'm optimistic that it will help quiet it down.

						Marty
# discussion-request at nsrca.org