OS Twin plug head

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Tue Sep 17 14:33:51 AKDT 2002

Mike,
How does one purchase either of these heads?

--Lance

Hi all,

 The green Japanese twin plug head is a bolt on option that even has
another heat sink piece. Didn't have too much luck with the extra piece,
the engine was hard to warm up and would sometimes die before take off.
Removing the second piece solved that. The idle was incredibly low at
around 1300, and transition was the smoothest of any OS I have seen yet.
This particular engine also used an exhaust valve on the stinger, and in
conjunction with the head, made for the smoothest OS I have seen to date.

 it's worth noting that the green japanese head is bigger, and is hell on
chin cowls with hyde mounts =P

 The 3M purple head from Italy is also supposedly the same bolt pattern as
the OS, although I haven't had any personal experience with these. If it
works the same as the green one from Japan, this could be a good
investment.

 I understand the 3M Mintor engine it was made for is a real work of art,
and I may try to obtain one of these myself soon.

 -Mike Hester