50 vs 60 cycles

Larry Diamond jed241 at email.msn.com
Sat Sep 14 20:02:40 AKDT 2002

He must buy or find access to a power converter or he will damage the items. The items you mentioned use 120V 60 Hz. Like wise, if he buys electric appliances, they may require a converter unless on is built into the item.

Some items have selectable power supplies using a slide switch in the back of the item. It may be worth looking into the owners manual if you still have them.

I think converters are available, but I don't know the cost...Typically the plugs types are different now days to prevent inadvertent damage, I may be wrong on the plugs types. It's worth looking into...

Larry