Pattern Fun / scribe

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Fri Sep 13 09:19:54 AKDT 2002

Jim
I've noticed that even when scribes are there, judges look away.  They
look at the scribe and say the score.  Sometimes they will glance at the
scribes sheet to make sure they wrote the right number.  At the nats we
were asked to write the scores on a pad and let the scribe copy them. This
allowed a cross check after the flight for accuracy.  I observed judges
looking down to write their score, not trusting themselves to keep the
scores in a column without looking.

Bottom line, it takes some thought, preparation, and practice to keep your
eyes on the plane regardless of scribes.

---Lance