JR DS8411/DS8411SA Warning!

Larry Diamond jed241 at email.msn.com
Thu Sep 12 14:21:13 AKDT 2002

>From a manufacturing standpoint I would assume that JR is trying to
correlate the failures to shipments from the manufacture.

If JR can drill down to a servo date range (Born Date for the Bud fans) of
the failing servos, often they are traced back to a defective lot of
components. The problem may not be the motor, could be the application it's
used in that aggravates the defects. 6 volts Vs 4.8 volts for instance.
Possibly something in a lot of receivers is causing the servo failure.

Point being, There are way to many unknown variables to panic. It would be
interesting for Horizon Hobbies to Survey all the owners for failed servos
and ask specific questions regarding application. From Batteries to
Regulators and so on...

I'm not a JR guy and have always flown Airtronics and always will. However,
I would not want to see any -Company- get a bad reputation with out knowing
all the fact.

Why do I say this...I am a Program Manager for an Electronic Contract
Manufacturing Company. Some of my accounts are very high tech cutting edge
stuff (i.e. Pacemaker Programmers, High Speed Network Switches, latest and
greatest Hearing Aids...). I can tell you from experience that the problem
is more often where you don't look than it is the obvious.

As a kind gesture, I will extend advice to HH or JR if they wish to hear my
opinions and can contact me at home or work, free of charge and perhaps they
already have a great plan to sort it out.

Patience is a virtue.

Food for thought...

Larry Diamond
(812) 634-4286 - Work