JR DS8411/DS8411SA Warning!

David Sweatt dsweatt at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 06:30:16 AKDT 2002

I don't get on here very often, however I would like to make the pattern
community aware of some hubbub that is going on with the helicopter guys
right now. There have been quite a number of severe instances of guys
crashing helicopters due to motors failing in the 8411 and 8411SA servos. So
much so that Horizon has made a official statement on their website about
it. I personally fly these servos in both pattern ships and helicopters and
have not had any issues, but I know several heli guys who have, and several
guys who were able to prove it to Horizon and have all of their crash paid
for. Palomar RC field in San Diego has actually BANNED the use of these
servos in any aircraft at their field until JR/Horizon resolves the problems
they are having with them. And several other fields in California are
following suit. Anyway food for thought, don't want to start a big JR vs.
Futaba or whatever controversy here, I'm just passing along this
information. I have several good pattern buddies that also use these servos
and I wouldn't feel right if their ship crashed and I had kept my mouth
shut! Thanks, David Sweatt

# discussion-request at nsrca.org