For ES carbon pipe & Hatori header users with coupler problems.

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at msn.com
Sun Sep 8 03:15:45 AKDT 2002

Hi, All,
I am not sure if anyone else is using this setup since majority of you using
YS 120 or above are also using large dia header with header support and
teflon tube for connection.
Anyway, I am using YS 91AC with Hatori header since nobody make any large
dia header for this engine.

If you are using ES carbon pipe with 18mm or 3/4" OD inlet pipe with Hatori
header 15mm OD at coupler mounting, I found a way to connect the two exhaust
parts.  I had used OS silicon coupler with supplied metal clamps (same as
Hatori clamps), and had cracks on pipe neck where the clamp went on.  Only
way to connect both is to have same OD with the pipe 18mm.
Hatori teflon part 167 has a smaller teflon part that fits on Hatori header.
That thing has OD of 18mm.

So, all I have to find now is a light and thin walled high temp silicone
tube with clamps that does not put too much pressure on pipe.
I tried to use the entire 167 parts, but the pipe was pushed out because of
the exhaust pressure.  I soft mounted engine, header and pipe.

If anyone need info about this, let me know I will post some pictures on my
homepage.
Hope I am not the only one using this setup.
Sometimes I hate to be one of a kind.

Ihncheol Park
CompTIA A+ COMP10648565
1973 White Ave., #402