District 7 Hollister Contest Reminder

SteveK101 at aol.com SteveK101 at aol.com
Thu Sep 5 10:45:56 AKDT 2002

OK guys, contest is coming

Saturday and Sunday Sept 21 and 22
WaveMasters Field, Hollister Ca
400 ft paved runway
Unlimited overflight
Little shade, bring what you have
Club will provide hamburgers, dogs and the likes, (for a price)
Wheels up 9:00 AM (I know, I know, but you will thank me in the afternoon)
Campers/motor homes OK, no hook ups, no water, no power, no open fires
Registration $35
All AMA classes and FAI

CD Bob Whitacre
6395 Dunnville Way
Hollister Ca 95023
831-630 0742
Whip23 at aol.com

Directions

>From Hwy. 100 take the Hwy. 25 turnoff (just south of Gilroy) towards
Hollister.  At about 4.7 miles you will PASS Shore Road, the turnoff for the
field is 1.8 miles past Shore, left turn, no name, dirt road, but there is a
sign with an airplane on it, yellow I believe.  If you get to the traffic
light at Hwy 156 you have gone too far, go back 2 miles and look again, on
the right this time.  Go down this road about 1/4 mile left through the gate
and your there.

>From the valley, Hwy. 99 Interstate 5 , etc., take Hwy. 152 (Los Banos area)
towards Hollister/Gilroy.  About 30 miles from Interstate 5 on Hwy. 152 take
Hwy. 156 towards Hollister/San Juan Batista.  The 30 miles is a guess, but
turnoff will be just after Hwy. 152 narrows to two way traffic, left turn
with left turn lane.  Take this until you come to a traffic light at Hwy. 25
(several miles)(you will pass traffic light at Fairview, it's about 2 miles
for Fairview to Hwy. 25). Turn right on Hwy. 25 and go 2 miles to the turn
off for the field, right turn, no name, dirt road, but marked by a big sign,
yellow I believe, with an airplane.  If you get to Shore Road you have gone
too far, go back 1.7 miles and look again, on the left this time. Go down
this road about 1/4 mile left through the gate and you are there.

Motels

San Benito Inn               About 5 miles from field
Best Western
660 San Falipe Rd
Hollister Ca
637 9248

Weibe Motel                  About 5 miles from field
1271 San Falipe Rd
Hollister Ca
831 630 0742

Forest Park Inn
375 Leavesly rd
Gilroy Ca
408 848 5144            About 20 miles from field

Many thanks to Bob Whitacre for providing the information.

Steve Klaus
NSRCA District 7 VP
Moraga, CA
<A HREF="Stevek101 at aol.com">Stevek101 at aol.com</A>