Focus Landing Gear

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 17:36:53 AKST 2002

Piedmont has a 7075 aluminum gear that is said to be very good.  I've got a set
but haven't used them.  I was concerned about the furnished gear, and was very
careful in drilling them.  So far, so good.  Had a couple of bad landings,
too.  Er, Uh, I mean I got caught by gusty winds--yeah, that's it, very gusty
winds.  Probably over 40 mph.  Probably.
Piedmont also has, I've been told, composite gear.  Haven't seen them yet.
After Dick Hanson's EMC, I'm really pretty sold on aluminum gear.
But I'm not going to change until necessary.
Boy, that Focus sure flies good!

Bill Glaze

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org