bureaucratic organization!

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 25 06:36:55 AKDT 2002

We are in a period of rapid evolution.
The discipline we pursue (Precision Model Aerobatics) is enjoying a tremendous technical growth rate with new equipment and continuing refinement of the old.

The organization is both benefiting and cursed by the close communications that the Internet provides. Everything has changed and it is a safe bet that thins are going to change more.

Ther is a lot inertia involved in dealing with those changes. We are not going to simply sweep aside the legacy of things that have gone into history. Nor can we simply allow the "way we have always done it" to determine our future.

The nature of the "human condition" has not changed a lot though. Organizations either thrive on adversarial competition or they are destroyed by it.It is important that we develop these adversarial circumstances to assure that we have adequate leadership for the future and a growing root system.

Cultivating the adversarial system is good, but it is essential that we recognize the conflict is in the family and all is lost if we go to war with each other.
John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606