Sig King Kobra as a Pattern Plane??

David R. Gundling DGundling at compuserve.com
Wed Oct 23 15:42:26 AKDT 2002

I flew a Sig King Cobra as a Novice in my first pattern contest. Power was
an OS FP 60. It performed very well and I was first in the first round.
Unfortunately my landings need a lot of work at the time and I landed off
the runway and wiped the gear out so flew the rest of the contest with a
Magnum 40GP  powered scratch built mini pattern ship. For the Novice
routine, as it was called then, the plane was more than adequate. I think
mine weighed something like 7.5 lbs with tricycle retracts. I had no touble
with holding a line or tracking.

Dave
# discussion-request at nsrca.org