Aresti 40

Dick Smith flyrrs at cfw.com
Wed Oct 2 11:06:44 AKDT 2002

There's a great article in the latest issue of Flying Models on the 'A - 40'
(also has a nice front cover photo of it, too). The author used a Saito 72 and
liked the combo. To me, a 40 size engine would seem a stretch for power

I had thought about using my Saito 56 in the A-40 I am building but was it was
suggested it might be a little weak in the verticals, so have opted for a ringed
OS 50SX and use good throttle control (one doesn't always have to fly fast <G>).

The (Flying Models) article indicates (as did a good friend) that it  pulled a
little to
the canopy in verticals and required some forward stick pressure while inverted,
but other than
this nothing else (e.g. weight) was much of a concern. The magazine article
outlines
the adjustments made.

I'm looking forward to flying mine. Good luck with yours...

Dick Smith

# discussion-request at nsrca.org