AMA Magazine Article - the paragraph

Mike Hester kerlock at attbi.com
Tue Oct 1 19:15:48 AKDT 2002

Larry,

I wouldn't get that stressed over it. Don't get me wrong, it hit me the
wrong way too, but it's best to let it slide. If people want to know what
pattern is all about, they aren't usually looking in the Scale Aerobatics
column of MA. The problem is there's really no way to respond to it without
looking bad ourselves. It was an irresponsible statement on his part, and
maybe he indeed had a bad experience. We can't change that.

What we can do is be sure when those new faces show up at the contests, we
try to make a good impression, or at least try to keep from making a bad
one. For one thing, we're usually at someone else's club to begin with, and
we're the guests. In D3, we need to just keep on keepin on, we're doing a
good job from what I see.

Sorry I missed meeting you at the contest last weekend, I was there (the
really BIG guy). I hope you enjoyed yourself, and I hope to meet you next
season!

-Mike Hester